About Talking with the Experts
As the name suggests, my guests, experts in their field, and I dive deeply into topics relevant to businesses large or small.
It could be SEO or marketing. HR management or social media management.
‘Talking with the Experts’ vodcast series started in July 2020 because I love helping people.
It’s about all things business by business owners for business owners.
What Guests Have Said…
I learned about the Talking With The Experts podcast through my Podcast Booking Agency, YesBoss.
I thoroughly enjoyed my discussion with the host, Rose Davidson. We covered a great deal of aspects pertaining to Creating Small Business Growth.
She has a very relaxed yet engaging interview style. Hence we were able to do a bit of a “deep-dive” into the issues without it feeling like you are just going through and answering a bunch of scripted questions. Rose also has a quirky sense of humour which made for added fun in our discussion.
If you are an expert looking to get your message out to your audience in an insightful, fun and engaging way, I highly recommend you consider being a guest on Talking With The Experts.
As for anything to change with Rose’s approach or format—Absolutely Not!
Advertise Your Business
Talking with the Experts is a vodcast (video/podcast) about all things business, by business owners for business owners. The information provided by each of my guests is an invaluable tool for business owners to help them to ‘get it right’ or learn a new way of doing things that will help them to scale.
I am currently looking for advertisers or sponsors for the vodcast.
Were you aware that when the average new podcast is downloaded more than 136 times it is regarded as being in the top 50% of podcasts in the first 30 days after launch?
That is an incredible statistic.
That means that your business name is being heard by 50% of all podcast listeners.
I invite you to contact me so that we can discuss how I can help your business to reach a wider audience.
You only need to click the button below.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Launched: July 13 2020
Plays Since Launch: 10,100 to 01 Aug 2021
Top 20% of all shows
- CEOs, start-up founders, lawyers, copywriters, event managers, and business owners to name a few
- Largely 34 to 54, affluent, educated professionals
- Often listen at work or on public transport
- Use social media more than the standard population
- 64% use social media “several times a day”
- 48% follow brands (vs 31% of U.S. social media users)
- Disproportionately interested in entrepreneurship, and self-improvement
- Global reach
- CEOs, start-up founders, and business owners who want to be inspired by the stories of others
- Students of life & leadership
Pre-roll and Mid-roll ads
When advertisers purchase ad space on a podcast, they usually choose pre-roll ads (play at the beginning of the episode) and mid-roll ads (play at the end of the episode), and post-rolls play at the end.
These ads are based on a CPM (“cost per mile”) model of advertising. CPM is the cost of 1,000 ad impressions (or plays.) This structure works best for bigger shows (5,000 + downloads per episode).
Here is the current industry standard pricing for podcast advertisers according to AdvertiseCast:
- $18 per 1,000 listens (CPMs) for a 15 second pre-roll ad
- $25 per 1,000 listens (CPMs) for a 60 second mid-roll ad
CPA (cost per acquisition) is the other advertising model in podcasting. This structure bases profits on the number of conversions instead of impressions and works best for smaller podcasts since there is no upfront cost.
These prices are just the industry-standard rates — they can vary based on the network or podcast host selling the ad space.
Did you know?
If a podcast:
- gets more than 26 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 50% of podcasts.
- gets more than 72 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 25% of podcasts.
- gets more than 231 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 10% of podcasts.
- gets more than 539 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 5% of podcasts.
- gets more than 3062 plays in 30 days, a podcast is in the top 1% of podcasts.
Research tells us that:
- 3% of listening takes place on Apple Podcasts, with 26.4% on Spotify. Google Podcasts are a distant third at 2.7%.
- 51% of downloads come from the USA, with 6.8% from the UK, and 5.2% from Canada.
- Mobile accounts for 88.8% of all podcast downloads, with 63.1% of those coming via the Apple iPhone.
Now is the time to get more ears and eyes on your business and get more ‘bang for your buck‘. With rates this low, you can’t go wrong.
It’s challenging being a business owner at the best of times and never more so than since early 2020.
Many businesses were forced to close their doors permanently or for extended periods of time.
Many businesses did not transform themselves so that they could remain viable.
This resulted in a huge blow to their financial resources, not to mention their mental health wellness.
I am a great believer in ‘paying it forward’. That is how, in July of 2020, ‘Talking with the Experts’ was born. It was my view that if I could help just one business owner diversify their business, I could help the many.
Talking with the Experts was launched on 13 July 2020. On 01 August 2021 (384 days since launch), the podcast hit 10,100 plays with 913 in the 7 days prior and 656 in the 24 hours prior to 01 August 2021.
That placed Talking with the Experts in the top 5% of podcasts at that time.
With more than 2,000,000 podcasts and over 48 million episodes as of April 2021 worldwide (Podcast Insights, 2021), what an awesome opportunity for you to get your business in front of people.